The following video is specifically oriented toward training for body position and strength. Essentially, you will put yourself into some difficult climbing postures and hold yourself there to build up strength.
Following is a breakdown of the workout from the video:
--12 Climbing Postures
--3 Times Each
- Set a variety of climbing positions using 3 points of contact.
- Choose 3 holds (2 arms, 1 foot)
- "Freeze" and balance your weight with the points of contact.
- Time each posture.
- For strength training, muscle failure should occur before 10-12 seconds.
- Recreate postures that you encounter in your climbing projects.
- Work with higher footholds and harder handholds.
- Increase the intensity and pressure as you progress.
- The key is to maintain a static contraction without momentum or movement.
- Repeat each posture 3 times.