DENALI PARK, Alaska: Effective January 1, 2012, Denali National Park and Preserve will collect only the $10 per person entrance fee for visitors age 16 and older. The $20 per vehicle fee has been eliminated, because the park does not collect the fee at an entrance station as the majority of national parks do. The fee is valid for seven days.
The park will continue to honor the Interagency (IA) Federal Recreational Passes such as the Annual, Senior, and Access Pass, and the Denali Annual Pass. These passes all provide entry for the cardholder and up to three other adults, and they are all sold year-round at Denali National Park.
The Senior and Access IA Passes are good for a lifetime, and can also be obtained by mail. The Access Pass (for U.S. Citizens with permanent disabilities) is free, and the Senior Pass (for U.S. citizens age 62 or older) is $10. Information on how to obtain these passes by mail is posted at http://store.usgs.gov/pass. There is an additional processing fee for applications done via mail.
The IA Annual Pass is $80 and is available on-line at http://store.usgs.gov/pass. It is valid for one year.
The Denali National Park Annual Pass costs $40 and is valid for one year for entry into Denali National Park. It is only available for purchase at the park, i.e. it is not available by mail.
The majority (80%) of the fees collected remains in the park, and is used for pre-approved projects that improve visitor services and facilities. The remaining 20% is used for similar projects in parks that don’t collect an entrance fee, or for funding agency-wide efforts such as Youth Corps Programs.
Additional park information is available one on the park website at www.nps.gov/dena or by calling 907-683-9532 from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm daily. Stay connected with “DenaliNPS” on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and iTunes – links to these social media sites are available at www.nps.gov/dena.
World-wide ascents, expeditions, and mountaineering instruction. Excellence in guiding since 1975.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Change to Denali National Park and Preserve Entrance Fee
The American Alpine Institute just received the following note from Denali National Park:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. An administrator will post your comment after he/she moderates it.