This years award recipients are:
- Patagonia for the Guide Pant and CSS Technology;
- Buff for Buff Original Headwear;
- Mont Bell for the Thermo Wrap Parka;
- Black Diamond for the Quantum Pack and Anarchist Pack;
- Mountaineers Books for the Expert Series; and
- Voilé for the Telepro T6 Avalanche Shovel.
A core group of AAI professional guides conduct Guides Choice field tests year round, throughout the world. Tests may be completed in a single long season (for example five summer months of intensive climbing in South America), or over several seasons (for example McKinley expeditions in the spring and Himalayan expeditions autumn). Because of the intensity and constancy of use, the wear and stress that gear receives during these tests corresponds to many years of use by a recreational climber.
For more information on the Guides Choice program, the American Alpine Institute, or this years Guide Choice Award recipients, please contact the American Alpine Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org.